Pages

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Dylan and Sandrine Talking in the Hall

Dylan walks up to Sandrine. He's got a book in his hand.
Sandrine: Is that a book you are reading?
Dylan: Why yes! I'll bet you never expected to see that, did you?
Sandrine: You got that right. Since when did you learn how to read?
Dylan: Since high school - no, wait - I learned way before then, but I'm re-reading this.
Sandrine: What is it?
Dylan: It's a modern day classic. "1984" By George Orwell.
Sandrine: "1984"? I really wouldn't call that modern day! It's a bit dated don't you think?
Dylan: What do you mean?
Sandrine: It was first published in, like 1950. And, I know how you like to live in the past, but 1984 came and went a long time ago.
Dylan: I know that! I wouldn't necessarily put this work in the same genre as our modern day post-apocalyptic missives, yet I have found this to actually be forward thinking and quite up to date! It's a perfect picture of life under......
Sandrine: Under - what? Communism?
Dylan: No, Obambacare.

No comments:

Post a Comment